Blanchard Chapel's 100th anniversary September 2011!
Blanchard Chapel is located just off beautiful Chuckanut Drive in Blanchard, Washington. Blanchard was a milltown founded in 1887 and is now a tiny, quiet community in northwest Skagit County. The Chapel was built in 1911, and was an active Methodist country church until 2001.
At that time, Blanchard Chapel was purchased by Lynn Lennox, whose family has resided in Blanchard since the turn of the century. Lynn's great-great-grandparents originally donated the property to build the Blanchard Chapel, and her grandparents were the first couple married there.
This former church is now available for a wide variety of events and is particularly well-suited to weddings and receptions. Blanchard Chapel has a classicl high ceiling Sanctuary, steeple, and an adjoining reception area. The chapel sits in a meadow along Colony Creek with Blanchard Mountain as a scenic backdrop.
The steeple's original church bell rings after a wedding ceremony, just as it has for the last hundred years.